Have you ever wondered if you are missing out on some weight loss tricks that really work? After you’ve gone through all the “tried and true” weight loss tips, like not eating late, eliminating excessive carbs, and revving up your metabolism by eating smaller meals every few hours, sometimes implementing a few weird tricks is all it takes to help you lose weight that much faster. The following are a few simple, but unusual tricks to help you stay successful in your quest to lose weight, and you may be surprised just how much of an impact they can have.
1. Use cash as payment. It’s really easy to grab all kinds of goodies you don’t need when you hit the grocery store hungry. Likewise, when you’re having a particularly craving-filled day, it’s easy to be tempted to swing by the drive-through of your favorite fast food joint. But simply vowing to use cash as payment can help you keep your temptations from taking over. Committing to a cash only system means you can keep less cash in your wallet, and help you only buy the items you have pre-planned for your daily consumption.
2. Keep your bedroom cool. Research has shown keeping your bedroom cool allows you to sleep more soundly, but did you also know that it helps you to burn more calories while you sleep? According to research conducted at the National Institute of Health Clinical Center, keeping your sleeping quarters at 66 degrees versus 75 degrees helps you burn as much as 7% more while you snooze. That’s a pretty significant difference for the zero effort that it takes to reap the benefits.
3. Eat in front of a mirror. When you are forced to watch yourself consume the food you are eating, it is a constant reminder of how much is going in your mouth — and just how fast it’s getting in there. When you eat in front of a mirror, you tend to eat slower, and become more aware of the quantity being eaten. Put both of these effects together, and you will inevitably eat less overall.
4. Use social media. Some people stay away from social media when it comes to dieting and weight loss because they are under the impression that you need to be an active participant to make it work for you. You don’t. Simply following inspirational people, health organizations, nutritionists, dieticians and fitness experts on Facebook or Twitter can open up a whole world of tips and sound advice for absolutely free… and no tweets or Facebook likes or comments by you are required.
5. Try the latest phone apps. With the number of phone apps available to help with weight loss, its a wonder personal trainers even have a job anymore. From counting your caloric intake, to making meal plans, and from complete exercise programs to tracking calories burned, your phone can be your best friend when it comes to helping you lose weight. There are so many different types of free apps available, there are sure to be a few that can help you stay on track with your weight loss goals.